Code of Conduct
Coach/Player/Parent/Spectator Code of Conduct
Coaches, players, parents, and spectators have a responsibility to behave in a respectful manner that will instill a sense of sportsmanship in all players. As a coach, player, parent or spectator at a Carbon Valley Parks and Recreation District youth sporting activity I understand:
- It will not be tolerated at any time to lay a hand upon, push, shove, and threaten to strike or verbally threaten an official, player, or supervisor.
- Being involved in a physical altercation with a player, coach, or other spectator will result in my ejection from the game and possible suspension from future games.
- All coaches, players, parents, and spectators will abide by the official’s decision. The official’s decision and/or calls are not arguable. If you have a concern regarding the officiating, please contact CVPRD athletic staff.
- Verbal abuse, harassment, and/or unsportsmanlike behavior towards an official, player, spectator, supervisor, or athletics staff member is not tolerated.
- All coaches, players, parents and spectators will refrain from the use of vulgar or unsportsmanlike manners, including language, while at any CVPRD youth sporting activity including practices and games.
- Any coach, player, parent or spectator that is ejected from the game must leave the playing area immediately upon request. Failure to leave will result in suspension of the game and/or forfeiture of the game.
- Smoking of any kind is prohibited at all outdoor CVPRD sporting events (i.e. vape pins, cigarettes, cigars, etc.).
- The zero-tolerance policy is in effect at all CVPRD athletic events.
- Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct will result in ejection from the game and possible suspension from future games.
There will be zero tolerance for players, coaches, and spectators who engage in harassing and/or unsportsmanlike behavior with umpires/officials, other spectators, game supervisors, other players, or CVPRD athletic staff.
Officials, game supervisors, and CVPRD athletic staff have the authority to penalize the player, coach, spectator, or team if an official is sworn at, harassed, argued with, or insulted. Penalties will range from a warning to ejection from game, to suspension from future games and possible forfeiture of the game.
Note to Parents and Coaches
To ensure quality fields, we expect you to do (and we will enforce) the following:
- Pick up and properly dispose of all trash when leaving the field.
- If you can see your footprint when you walk on the infield, do not use the infield. If the outfield has puddles or is soggy, do not use the outfield.
- Use designated bathrooms or port-o-lets. Please do not use the school's bathrooms.
- Read and understand the code of conduct. Click here to view a PDF/printable copy of the Code of Conduct.