Code of Conduct
Coach/Player/Parent/Spectator Code of Conduct
Coaches, players, parents, and spectators have a responsibility to behave in a respectful manner that will instill a sense of sportsmanship in all players.
As a coach, player, parent or spectator at a Carbon Valley Parks and Recreation District youth sporting activity I understand:
- It will not be tolerated at any time to lay a hand upon, push, shove, and threaten to strike or verbally threaten an official, player, or supervisor.
- Being involved in a physical altercation with a player, coach, or other spectator will result in my ejection from the game and possible suspension from future games.
- All coaches, players, parents, and spectators will abide by the official’s decision. The official’s decision and/or calls are not arguable. If you have a concern regarding the officiating contact the CVPRD Sports Staff.
- Verbal abuse, harassment, and/or unsportsmanlike behavior towards an official, player, spectator, supervisor, or athletics staff member is not tolerated.
- All coaches, players, parents, and spectators will refrain from the use of vulgar or unsportsmanlike manners including language while at any CVPRD youth sporting activity, including practices and games.
- Any coach, player, parent, or spectator that is ejected from the game must leave the playing area immediately upon request. Failure to leave will result in suspension of the game and/or forfeiture of the game.
- Smoking of any kind is prohibited at all outdoor CVPRD sporting events.”i.e.. vape pins, cigarettes, cigars, etc.”
- The zero tolerance policy is in effect at all CVPRD athletic events.
Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct will result in ejection from the game and possible suspension from future games.
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
There will be zero tolerance for players, coaches and spectators who engage in harassing and/or unsportsmanlike behavior with umpires / officials, other spectators, game supervisors, other players, or CVPRD Sports Staff. Officials, game supervisors and CVPRD Sports Staff have the authority to penalize the player, coach, spectator, or team if an official is sworn at, harassed, argued with, or insulted. Penalties will range from: warning, to ejection from game to suspension from future games and possible forfeiture of the game.
Official(s) and/or staff members at all recreation program sites have the authority to reprimand and/or eject coaches for misconduct. An ejection of any type will result in a minimum of a 1- game suspensions from any recreation program and /or facility (the ejection game is not included in the suspension period); suspensions may carry over to the next season. League Coordinators will handle disciplinary procedures on a case by case basis.
*By receiving this form you agreeing to the CVPRD Code of Conduct*