General Pool Rules
Please see a pool staff member for a more detailed description of the rules. All rules are subject to change at the discretion of pool staff Click here to learn about the pandemic pool reservation process and review the pandemic pool requirements.
- Directions from aquatics staff must be obeyed at all times
- Please be courteous. Foul language, horseplay, fighting, or abusive behavior is not tolerated.
- No swimming without a lifeguard on duty
- Shower before entering the pool
- Appropriate swimwear is required (dark shirts and sport shorts are OK if a swimsuit is underneath)
- Children of diaper-wearing age must wear a swim diaper under their swimsuit (absolutely no regular diapers in the pool)
- Inflatable devices are not permitted in the pool area. This includes inflatable water wings, inflatable rings and inflatable life jackets. Beach balls are permitted.
- Children age 7 and younger must be accompanied in the water and within arm’s reach someone 14 years or older unless they pass a swim test
- Children ages 7 to 9 years old who pass a swim test may be in the pool as long as a responsible person 14 years or older is in the facility.
- Life jackets and other personal flotation devices can only be used if child is accompanied in the water and within arm’s reach of an adult (no inflatable devices, beach balls are OK).
- Children 8 and under are not permitted in the steam room or hot tub (this includes the stairs and sitting on the side of the hot tub)
- No food, gum, or drink allowed (except water and sports drinks)
- No horseplay/fighting
- Diving is only allowed in the deep end
- Water weights and kickboards are for aquatics classes and adult use only
- Life jackets and other personal flotation devices are not allowed on the slide, logs, diving board, rope swing, or in the deep end
- Children under 48 inches tall are not allowed on the big red slide or rope swing unless they pass a swim test.
- Swim tests will be administered every 15 minutes
HOT TUB AND STEAM ROOM (the steam room is currently closed due to the pandemic)
Temperature varies between 99° and 104°.
- Due to Covid-19 the steam room will be closed until further notice
- Children age 8 under are not permitted to use the hot tub or steam room. This includes sitting on the side and stairs of the hot tub.
- Patrons must be 14 or older to be in the steam room without an adult.
- Patrons ages 9 to 13 must be accompanied in the hot tub or in the steam room with an adult (adult must know the child).
- Steam room eucalyptus sprays automatically.
- Please ensure two chairs are left outside the steam room at all times.
Temperature varies between 85° and 90°.
Kiddie Pool Rules
- No climbing on amenities
- No climbing up the slide or waterfall
- Children 7 and younger only on the slide
- Feet first only on the slide
- No climbing on the railing
Floating Water Walking System Rules
- Must start by the kiddie pool, please do not go the wrong way
- Life jackets are NOT ALLOWED
- One person at a time, if you fall off swim to the side and exit the pool on the ladder
- Jumping over the first floating pad or flipping them is NOT ALLOWED
- No hanging on the rope
- No hanging out or swimming through the are when being used
- Adults may assist small children across them
- Life jackets and personal flotation devices are NOT ALLOWED on the slide
- All riders must be 48 inches or taller or pass a swim test
- Feet first only
- One person at a time - please wait until the rider in front of you has reached the bottom before going
- Parents or a responsible person age 14 or older may assist a child once they have dropped into the slide pool.
- Please stand back at the depth marker and wait for the child to enter the water before assisting them
- Clear the slide pool immediately by swimming to the stairs and exiting the pool
- No hanging out in the slide pool
- No stopping, rolling, or spinning on the slide
- No jumping or enter the river from the side, must enter only from the stairs in the kiddie pool
- No sitting or standing or climbing on the river walls
Temperature varies between 82° and 85°.
Lap Lane Rules
- Two lap lane lines are in the pool at all times
- Lap lanes are for lap swimming and water walking
- Lap swimmers must share lap lanes, with circle swimming
- Lap lane availability will be limited during swim lessons and swim team times
Deep End Rules
- Life jackets are NOT ALLOWED in the deep end, including on the rope swing and diving board
- Anyone under the age of 14 must complete a swim test before entering the deep end
- No hanging out in the deep end when the rope or diving board is in use
- Only one amenity (rope swing or diving board) will be open at a time
- Swimmers may not swim or hang out in the deep end when the diving board or rope swing are in use
Diving Board Rules
- One person at a time. Divers must swim to the side of the pool and exit the deep end before the next person jumps
- No backflips
- No hanging on the diving board
Climbing Wall Rules
- Users need to wait for their turn next to the wall
- One person at a time must climb, drop, then exit in the deep end
- No flips
- Must enter the water feet first