Carbon Valley Parks & Recreation District offers a variety of youth and adult sports programs aimed at increasing physical fitness and promoting social interaction. Offering quality youth and adult sports classes, camps, leagues, and hosting youth sport club practices, games, and tournaments to meet the needs of the community. The Athletics Division strives to provide exceptional athletic and team sport experiences in an environment that supports building relationships, teaching sportsmanship and teamwork and providing an outlet for competition. Community members are encouraged to get active by participating in sports including basketball, flag football, softball, volleyball, racquetball, and pickleball, soccer and more.
Sports Mission and Purpose
To provide exceptional community-based Athletic programs for all ages by providing quality service to all participants and offering a safe and well-maintained environment where our customers can gather for a fun and enjoyable experience.
- Learning all fundamental and basic sport-specific skills, and establishing building blocks for overall improvement
- Teaching the value of teamwork and becoming an effective member of a team
- Teach sportsmanship and fair play by emphasizing proper treatment of teammates, coaches, opponents and officials
- Create opportunities for the customers of all three communities to connect and build relationships and friendships through sports programs
View each sport for more information.
What you Need to Know
- Practice times, days, and locations are determined by the coach
- Teams practice 1-2 hours per week (varies by age).
- Coaches meetings are typically held 1 - 2 weeks before the first scheduled practice.
- Unless otherwise noted, children are placed on teams according to their age on the first practice day of the season.
- In general, leagues for children ages 8 and younger are self-officiated by coaches and parent volunteers. Games for children ages 9 and older are officiated by a game official.
- All CVPRD leagues include jerseys.
- Some travel may be required for certain leagues.
- Coach requests are first-come, first-served.
- Game schedules can be found on our www.cvprdathletics.com.
To check the status of a game during inclement weather call 720-531-3373.