Carbon Valley Parks and Recreation District provides high-quality care to children whose guardians are participating in on-site programs or using our facility. Annual pass holders receive one free hour per child to Kid Zone daily.
During the pandemic, reservations are required for Kid Zone and may be made up to seven days in advance by calling 303-833-3660 or at www.cvprd.com. Reservations need to be made by using the child's name. We ask that you only register for one session per day, per child to give other families opportunities to enjoy the program. Please drop off and pick up in the specified windows only. There is a five-minute grace period for picking up children.
Hours of Operation
8 - 9 am
9:15 - 10:15 am
10:30 - 11:30 am
11:45 am - 12:45 pm
4:15 - 5:15 pm
5:30 - 6 pm
6:15 - 7:15 pm
Children between the ages of 6 months and 9 years are welcome in Kid Zone.
During the pandemic, capacity is limited to 12 kids and two staff members.
Fees (Per Child, Per Reservation)
For 1 hour reservations: $3 District, $4 Non-District
For 30 minute reservations: $1.50 District, $2 Non-District
The drop-in fee covers the entire reservation time. Punch passes will still be accepted and two punches will be used per reservation. Punch passes are not being sold at this time.
- Adult member must remain on recreation center property at all times.
- No adults other than staff are allowed in our Kid Zone space. If you need to change a diaper, we ask that you please use the locker rooms or family changing rooms.
- Please let staff know where you will be in the facility in case they need to find you. An announcement will be made over the loud speaker if you need to return to Kid Zone for any reason.
- Snacks and personal items/toys are not permitted in Kid Zone at this time. Your child may bring a water bottle and jacket with his/her name on it.
- Staff will contact you if your child has a soiled diaper or a bathroom-related accident, has not stopped crying for 15 minutes, is exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms (listed below), or has a significant behavioral problem.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Process
Children will be checked in and out by a card system. When a child is checked in, their parent will need to give staff either a membership card or driver’s license. The card/license will be used to identify the child when their parent picks them up. Staff is responsible for safely storing the cards. At checkout, staff will ask the parent for their name and the name of their child so they can locate the correct card. Staff will ask parents to pull down their mask to reference with the photo on their card.
- CVPRD staff go through daily health checks upon entering CVPRD facilities.
- Children will have their temperature checked upon entering.
- Children must wash their hands immediately upon entering.
- All toys/supplies are disinfected before and after use.
- Kid Zone is cleaned between sessions to ensure there is no cross-contamination between groups.
- Social distancing is always a challenge with young children. Staff will encourage social distancing between kids from different households by providing structured activities and spacing the chairs and stations more than 6' apart.
- Staff are required to wear masks at all times in Kid Zone.
If your child is showing any of the following identified COVID-19 symptoms they will be sent home immediately:
Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
Children who are sent home with symptoms may not return to Kid Zone until one of the following occurs:
- They have a non-COVID-19 diagnosis from their healthcare provider.
- They have a negative COVID-19 test result.
- They have isolated for 10 days, had three days with no fever, and they are no longer exhibiting symptoms.
Family members should notify CVPRD immediately if their child attended Kid Zone and later found out that they were diagnosed with or exposed to COVID-19.
No-Shows and Cancellations
If you are unable to make your reservation time, please cancel your reservation online so another family may use the service. Late pick-up may result in a fee or suspension of Kid Zone usage. No-shows will be charged a drop-in fee. Cancellations need to happen two hours in advance or it will be considered a no show and a drop-in fee will be charged. After three no-shows, your account will be suspended and you will not be able to make future Kid Zone reservations.