- About Us
Established in 1983, Carbon Valley Parks and Recreation District is a special district covering roughly 45 square miles including Dacono, Firestone, and Frederick as well as surrounding rural areas. Through the management of three facilities, the District offers a variety of recreational programming.
Carbon Valley Recreation Center
The Carbon Valley Recreation Center is a 50,000 square foot facility featuring:
- Aquatics area with a 25 yard, six-lane lap pool, an activity pool with logs and a lazy river, an 18-foot water slide, kid’s splash pool, steam room, and hot tub
- Fitness studio with a variety of class formats
- Weight rooms, cardio room and outdoor fitness area
- Kid Zone child sitting area
- Multi-purpose rooms for meetings, parties, classes and events
- Racquetball court
- Walking track
Carbon Valley Gymnastics/Senior Center
The Carbon Valley Gymnastics Center features:
- Full-size competition floor
- In-ground tumble track (trampoline) leading into a large foam pit
- Cargo net
- A large variety of preschool equipment
- Equipment for boys and girls gymnastics programs
The Carbon Valley Senior Center is open to anyone 55 or older and features:
- Fitness classes
- Senior library with a diverse selection of books and puzzles
- Computer station
- Daily activities including games, lunches, wellness checks, and much more.
What is a Special District?
The Carbon Valley Park and Recreation District (CVPRD) is a governmental entity and is known as a special district in the State of Colorado. Special districts in Colorado are local governments, i.e., political subdivisions of the state, which make up a third level of government in the United States. Local governments include counties, municipalities (cities and towns), school districts, and other types of government entities. Colorado law limits the types of services that county governments can provide to residents.
Districts are created to fill the gaps that may exist in the services counties provide and the services the residents may desire. The majority of districts draw their boundaries in unincorporated county land, but residents of a municipality may be included in one or more districts.
The Carbon Valley Park and Recreation District strives to increase and enhance recreational opportunities by providing a variety of quality programs and activities for the residents of Frederick, Firestone, Dacono and surrounding communities.
Our Commitment to Excellence
Manage and maintain our capital resources
Promote best practices
Invest in the district’s future
Build teamwork and trust: Be Team Driven
Lead, teach and empower
Encourage, involve and reward
Show pride in what we do
Collaborate in community partnerships
Emerging as professional leaders
Catalyst in recreational services and facilities
Deliver a united community spirit