CVPRD strives to provide exceptional community-based Athletic programs for all ages by providing quality service to all participants and offering a safe and well-maintained environment where our customers can gather for a fun and enjoyable experience.
Horseshoes is the perfect lawn game to enjoy with others in a friendly, competitive environment.
Registration Opens: Monday, March 1 District, Monday, March 8 Non-District
Registration Deadline: Monday, April 5
Dates: Fridays, April 16 - June 4
Team Fee: $20 per team District, $25 per team Non-District
What You Need to Know
- All CVPRD leagues are recreational leagues for teams wanting some fun and competition. Teams are comprised of players with a broad range of playing experience.
- All leagues will play an eight game season. The top two teams will play the last week for the championship. Champions receive a prize.
- Teams must pay 50% of the team fee at the time of registration. The remaining balance must be paid by the 2nd week of the season.
- Schedules and league information will be emailed to captains one week prior to games starting.
- Teams of two, all genders allowed.
- Games are played at the horseshoe pits behind the rec center (north side).
- Parking on the north side of the rec center.
- A team must start out with two players and finish with two players.
- Forfeit will occur if players do not show up within 10 minutes of the scheduled game time, or you do not have a team of two within 10 minutes after the scheduled game time.
Weather Line: 303-833-3660 x119
- Each game is scheduled by the hour but may end well before. If a match is not completed in one hour, the team who is leading is the winner.
- Each team will play the best 2 out of 3 but will always play the third match (during the regular season) if time permits.
- The first two matches will go to 21 and the third match will only go to 15.
- Each team will be responsible for keeping track of their own score.
- Men must stand on the side of the stake, not directly in front of it, and pitch from the 37 inch foul line. Women and elders age 70+ can go up to the 27 inch foul line which will be marked.
- Any shoe must be within one horseshoe-width (measured across the outside of the open end of the shoe) of the stake to be considered for points (official rules call for 6 inches max).
- The closest shoe to the stake gets 1 point.
- If you have two shoes closer than any of your opponent’s, you get 2 points.
- Ringers are worth 3 points each and must completely encircle the stake so the ends can be touched with a straight edge without touching the stake.
- If you have the closest shoe and a ringer, it’s 4 points.
- If your opponent throws a ringer on top of yours, they cancel, and no points are scored.
- A shoe making contact outside the pit before it comes to rest does not count in the scoring and if it lies within scoring distance of the stake it may be removed before the next pitch by either contestant.
You can use different players throughout the year but must participate in at least 2 games during the regular season in order to participate in the tournament. You can be a substitute for multiple teams but must pick one team to play with during the tournament.
Alcohol is allowed outside at the horseshoe pits, but glass containers are prohibited. Please recycle all containers and use common sense.
CVPRD staff has the authority to remove any player(s) whose actions may cause injuries or whose words are deemed inappropriate to themselves, other players, staff or spectators from the pits. In other words, don’t be a jerk and just come to have fun. It is the responsibility of the team captain to make sure that all trash is removed after each game.