Mission and Purpose
To provide exceptional community-based Athletic programs for all ages by providing quality service to all participants and offering a safe and well-maintained environment where our customers can gather for a fun and enjoyable experience.
- Learning all fundamental and basic sport-specific skills and establishing building blocks for overall improvement.
- Teaching the value of teamwork and becoming an effective member of a team
- Teach sportsmanship and fair play by emphasizing proper treatment of teammates, coaches, opponents, and officials.
- Create opportunities for the customers of all three communities to connect and build relationships and friendships through sports programs.
What you Need to Know
- Practice times, days, and locations are determined by the coach, and gym availability.
- Team practices
- 4-year-olds 30-minute practice and 30-minute game on Saturdays
- 5- to 7-year-olds once a week for one hour
- 8+ once a week for 90 minutes
- Coaches’ meetings are typically held 1 - 2 weeks before the first scheduled practice.
- Unless otherwise noted, children are placed on teams according to their age on the first practice day of the season.
- In general, leagues for children ages 8 and younger are self-officiated by coaches and parent volunteers. Games for children ages 9 and older are officiated by a game official.
- All CVPRD leagues include jerseys.
- Some travel may be required for certain leagues.
- Coach requests are first-come, first-served.
- Game schedules can be found on our www.cvprdathletics.com.
- Participants will need to provide their own glove, pants, socks, and shoes. We strongly encourage participants purchase their own batting helmet and bat.
To check the status of a game during inclement weather call 303-833-3660 x 119.
2023 Summer Baseball Leagues
Registration Open District: Monday, January 9, 2023
Registration Non-District: Monday, January 23, 2023
Registration Deadline: Monday, April 24, 2023
Colorado Rockies Night
Friday, June 23 6:40pm vs the LA Angles. All CVPRD youth baseball and softball teams can participate in a on field parade before the game! Teams are encouraged to enjoy this event together. To purchase tickets please visit Rockies.com/CVPRD . More information will be sent out before the game.
Mini-Sluggers (Age 4-5)
Mini-Sluggers teaches the basic skills and fundamentals of baseball during five instructional practices/games. Teams meet for one hour on Saturdays. to practice and play a game. Not only will children have fun, they'll build social skills and gain confidence.
Dates: June 10 - July 15 (no Games July 1)
Fee: $51 District, $77 non-District
T-Ball (Age 6-7)
Participants focus on improving basic baseball skills and fundamentals. Teams practice one hour per week and play six games against other Carbon Valley teams on Saturdays.
Dates: May 22 - July 22 (no games July 1)
Fee: $69 District, $104 non-District
Coach Pitch (Age 7-8)
Coach Pitch focuses on the fundamentals of baseball and is designed to build a solid foundation for becoming a successful ball player. Teams practice one time per week and play seven games against other Carbon Valley teams on Thursday evenings.
Dates: May 22 - July 29 (no games July 1)
Fee: $78 District, $117 non-District
10U (Age 9-10), 12U (Age 11-12), 14U (Age 13-14)
Batter up! From swinging the bat to throwing the ball, youth baseball players can improve their skills in this recreational summer baseball league. Teams practice 1-2 hours per week and play ten games. A tournament will be held at the end of the season. Some travel may be required.
Dates: May 22 - July 29 (no games July 4)
Fee: $92 District, $138 non-District
Volunteer Coaches Needed
Give back to the community and make a difference in the lives of youth. CVPRD is seeking volunteer coaches for our youth sports leagues. You don’t need to be an expert; coaches receive drills to do during practice. Plus, when you volunteer to be a head coach, your child plays the sport you coach for free!
Click here to hear from our fantastic volunteer coaches as they share why they coach and what youth sports mean to them.
- Volunteer coaches must complete online instruction about concussions in sports.
- Practice days and times are determined by the coaches making it convenient to work around your busy schedule.
- A background check is required.
What are my responsibilities as a coach?
Coaches are responsible for all aspects of the team including scheduling and running practices, attending and coaching games, and helping to recruit assistant coaches when necessary.
How do I sign up to coach?
- Click here to go to the District’s registration page.
- Type "Volunteer Coaches" in the search bar.
- Select the sport you want to coach.
- If you already have an account, proceed with registering as a coach. If you don't already have an account, set one up then register.
Skyhawks and SuperTots Sports
Not finding the sports you're looking for or looking for a younger age group? Click here for information about the Skyhawks and SuperTots programs offered in Carbon Valley.