What you Need to Know
- Practice times, days, and locations are determined by the coach.
- Teams practice 1-2 hours per week (varies by age).
- Coaches meetings are typically held 1 - 2 weeks before the first scheduled practice.
- Unless otherwise noted, children are placed on teams according to their age on the first practice day of the season.
- In general, leagues for children ages 8 and younger are self-officiated by coaches and parent volunteers. Games for children ages 9 and older are officiated by a game official.
- All CVPRD leagues include jerseys.
- Some travel may be required for certain leagues.
- Coach requests are first-come, first-served.
- Game schedules can be found on our www.cvprdathletics.com.
- Participants will need to provide their own glove, pants, socks, and shoes.
To check the status of a game during inclement weather call 303-833-3660 x 119.
2022 Summer Baseball Leagues
Registration Open District: Monday, January 10, 2022
Registration Non-District: Monday, January 17, 2022
Registration Deadline: Monday, April 25, 2022
Mini-Sluggers (ages 4-5)
Mini-Sluggers teaches the basic skills and fundamentals of baseball during five instructional practices/games. Teams meet for one hour on Saturdays at Settlers Park to practice and play a game. Not only will children have fun, they'll build social skills and gain confidence.
Dates: June 11 - July 23
Fee: $47 district, $61 non-district
T-Ball (ages 6-7)
Let's play ball! Participants build on baseball fundamentals such as throwing, catching, and batting. Teams practice one hour per week and play games against other Carbon Valley teams on Saturdays at Clem Dufour Park.
Dates: May 23- July 23
Fee: $63 district, $82 non-district
Coach Pitch (ages 7-8)
Coach Pitch focuses on the fundamentals of baseball and is designed to build a solid foundation for becoming a successful ball player. Teams practice one hour per week and play games against other Carbon Valley teams on Saturdays at Hart Park.
Dates: May 16- July 23
Fee: $70 district, $91 non-district
10U (ages 9-10) and 12U (ages 11-12)
Batter up! From swinging the bat to throwing the ball, youth baseball players can improve their skills in this recreational summer baseball league. Teams practice 1-2 hours per week and play eight games. A tournament will be held at the end of the season. Some travel may be required.
Dates: May 16- July 23
Fee: $85 district, $111 non-district
Volunteer Coaches Needed
Give back to the community and make a difference in the lives of youth. CVPRD is seeking volunteer coaches for our youth sports leagues. You don’t need to be an expert; coaches receive drills to do during practice. Plus, when you volunteer to be a head coach, your child plays the sport you coach for free!
- Volunteer coaches must complete online instruction about concussions in sports.
- Practice days and times are determined by the coaches making it convenient to work around your busy schedule.
- A background check is required.
What are my responsibilities as a coach?
Coaches are responsible for all aspects of the team including scheduling and running practices, attending and coaching games, and helping to recruit assistant coaches when necessary.
How do I sign up to coach?
- Click here to be taken to the district’s registration page.
- Type "Volunteer Coaches" in the search bar.
- Select the sport you want to coach.
- If you already have an account proceed with registering as a coach. If you don't already have an account, set one up then register.
Skyhawks and SuperTots Sports
Not finding the sports you're looking for or looking for a younger age group? Click here for information about the Skyhawks and SuperTots programs offered in Carbon Valley.